Monday, September 28, 2009

Autumn is here!








One of the keys to a great photo shoot is having fun!!! And well, being willing to take the time to get the work done. Even if it means lying down in goose poop (me, not you!), taking a break to swing, having a lollypop, etc. We set up to have fun!

When shooting with a 2 year-old, we just go with the flow. We plan around nap time, we snack, we potty, we run-jump-sing-laugh, and somewhere along the way we get the shots we need. And I always tell the parents ahead of time that they have two jobs: (1) Be smiling the whole time because we never know when we're going to get "that face" from your child, and (2) You're not allowed to stress about your child(ren) not being happy. Or difficult. Or whatever. This kind of stuff doesn't bother me. I'm with you to catch you all at your best. I know what it takes. I know the mood swings of kids (I have my own!). And crying and tantrums- they bother me not. Not in the least. We just work hard, have fun, and usually spend the majority of the time laughing.

So, when we get together, relax. We'll get the best pictures when we set up to have a lot of fun.
Likely more to come from this family. they did a great job picking clothing colors, and we had so much fun that I'm bound to post a few more once I get them edited.

Thanks, guys!
I think I could shoot everyday of the week in autumn.
It's just that fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Ticklebugs Photography

Welcome! Ticklebugs Photography is an offshoot of RobynBeckleyViningStudios. It's named after a fun family tradition started by my dad: Ticklebugs. You know when you're lying on the floor and think you've laughed the hardest you can laugh and then you see a big hand of wiggling fingers coming at you and someone saying, "Here comes the TICKELBUGS!"? Well, I personally don't like being tickled anymore, but my kids love it and the tradition has continued. This is a way to say thanks to my Dad and Mom for believing in me and helping me get my photography business started, and to my husband for continuing the tradition of (believing in me and) laughs and giggles and love with our own kids. I should note that signing up for a photoshoot with me does not mean you'll be tickled. Well, maybe...But I like life when you've laughed as hard as you think you can laugh, and then you laugh some more.  And I like to try to capture that kind of fun.

Stay tuned for group shoot locations and times (mini-sessions that save you money!). Located in the Milwaukee area.